Citytv Canada offers a wide variety of the top Canadian TV shows and programs, including past episodes that you want to rerun or binge-watch anytime and anywhere.
However, before accessing the channel and enjoying its content, you must first activate it at citytv.com/activate on a compatible streaming device.
Below is compiled information on how to activate Citytv. From prerequisites for using the streaming service to a step-by-step activation guide, here’s everything you need to get started.
Prerequisites for Citytv Activation
To get started with Citytv activation, here are all the necessary prerequisites for using the service:
- A Participatory TV service provider: You will need a Canadian TV service provider that offers the Citytv channel in its package. This is because you will need the TV provider login details at the time of activating the channel on your device.
- The Citytv Channel app: The app is an easier gateway granting you access to all the on-demand shows and programs. The app is available for download for both Google and Apple App Store.
- A compatible streaming device: A few notable Citytv supported devices include Apple TV, Android phones, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and various smart TVs and other streaming devices.
- A reliable internet connection, computer and smartphone to complete the activation process.
How to Activate Citytv on Any Devices at citytv.com/activate
Activating Citytv is quick and simple if you. All you need to do is install the channel’s app on your streaming device
Then, connect the app with your TV service provider, and you’re good to start streaming Citytv shows.
Let’s get started. . .
Canadian Channel Citytv can be easily activated on Roku using the steps below:
- From your Roku device’s home screen, navigate to Streaming Channels
- Type to search the Citytv channel up
- Tap on Add channel and the channel will be installed on your Roku streaming device
- Once down return to the Home screen and open the app
- Tap to Sign in and you’ll receive a unique activation code. Copy or save the activation code before moving to the next step
- Now visit citytv.com/activate from your PC or smartphone and enter the code
- Choose your TV provider and sign in with your details
Following the on-screen instructions complete the activation process and you’re all set to enjoy Citytv contents.
Amazon Fire TV
Canadian Channel Citytv can be easily activated on Amazon Fire TV or Fire Stick using the steps below:
- From the main menu of your Fire TV or Fire Stick type to search the Citytv channel app
- Upon locating, install the app
- Return to the Home screen and open the Citytv app,
- Select any program that you want to watch, and tap to Play
- Sign in with your TV service provider credentials and follow the on-screen prompts to receive a unique activation code on-screen. Copy or save the activation code before moving to the next step
- Head to activate.citytv.com from your PC or phone browser and enter the code you had previously copied
- Following the instructions (if any) complete the activation process
You can now start streaming your favourite Citytv shows on Fire TV or Fire Stick
Similar Post: ballysports.com/activate firestick
If you own an Android TV, Canadian Channel Citytv can be easily activated on it if you use the steps below:
- Navigate straight to Google Play Store and type to search the Citytv app
- Once located download and install it on your device
- Now go back to the home screen, and refresh your screen (optional) to launch the app
- Select any Citytv show of your choice and tap to Play your selected show. Follow the screen guidelines to select your TV service provider
- At this stage, you’ll get the activation code that appears on your screen. Copy or save the code before you head on to the next step
- Now from your PC or phone visit citytv.com/activate
- Enter the activation code here and tap on Continue
Finally, you’re a step closer to completing the Citytv activation following the steps on-screen.
Apple TV is one of the streaming devices that support the Citytv channel. To activate and stream Citytv on Apple TV:
- From your Apple TV Home screen go to the Apps section and then visit the App Store
- Type to search for the Citytv app and install it on your device. Once done, navigate to the home screen, refresh to launch the channel
- Click on any show you want to watch and tap the Play icon
- Choose your TV service provider from the list and sign in using your username and password.
- Upon completion, an activation code will appear on your screen. Copy or save it for later use
- Navigate to citytv.com/activate from your computer or smartphone browser
- You will need to enter the activation code above and follow the instructions on-screen
Your Citytv activation will be completed, after which return to your TV and start exploring your favourite shows and programs.
Also Read: Syfy on Apple TV
LG Smart TV
You can easily activate the Citytv channel on multiple smart TVs. To activate the channel on LG TV follows the steps below:
- Using the Home button on your TV remote navigate to the LG TV Home Screen
- Head to the LG Content Store and tap on APPS
- Use the App search function and look for Citytv. Once found, install it
- Return to your Home Screen and refresh to open the app
- Select any Citytv show or program and tap to Play
- Follow the screen instructions to receive a unique activation code on-screen. Make sure the code is either saved or copied before you proceed
- Next using your PC or mobile browser visit citytv.com/activate
- You will need to enter the activation code above and follow the instructions on-screen and tap to Continue
Complete the activation process by following the screen instructions if any. Once done, explore the Citytv content.
Samsung Smart TV
If you own a Samsung Smart TV and are thinking of streaming Citytv? Below are the compiled instructions to activate the Citytv channel:
- Using the Home button on your TV remote navigate to the Samsung Smart TV Home Screen
- Visit APPS and you should see the search function in the top-right corner. Type to search for the Citytv app
- Once you locate it install the app, then return to the Home Screen, refresh and launch it
- Select one of the available Citytv shows and tap to Play
- Use your TV service provider credentials to log in and follow the guidelines until you receive an activation code, ensure to copy or save the code for further use
- Now using your phone or PC browser, head to citytv.com/activate. You’re required to enter the activation code here, then tap on Continue.
Follow the screen prompts (if any) to finish the activation process. Once done you can now open the Citytv app and start streaming your favourite show or program.
With a wide variety of entertaining content, and features like accessing past episodes, Citytv channel is worth the choice for both teens and adults.
Currently, Citytv is Canada’s #1 privately-owned local television broadcaster.
Owned by the Rogers Media division of Rogers Communications, this Canadian English Channel is estimated to serve a 13% share of total viewers on English television and 5% on French television.
To enjoy all of this you must activate the channel at citytv.com/activate using the guide above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Want to know more about Citytv activate? Consider these FAQs below.
Q. Can I stream Citytv if I don’t have a cable?
Citytv is a cable streaming service that requires your TV provider credentials to access its content. However, if you’re a cord-cutter you can also access the channel’s content (limited) without a cable subscription. You can do this by accessing the Citytv Live stream through the app/channel on your streaming device.
Alternatively, you can visit citytv.com on your PC or Mac browser and select the Live stream tab. You can, however, only access limited content.
Q. Which TV service providers support Citytv?
Many Canadian TV service providers (BDUs – Broadcast Distribution Undertakings) have partnered with Citytv).
Here are some of the compatible service providers that will grant you access to the streaming channel:
- Rogers Cable
- Shaw Cable
- Bell Fibe
- Execulink Telecom
- Source Cable
- Cogeco Cable
- Delta Cable
- Coast Cable
- Telus Optik TV
- Novus Entertainment
- SaskTel Maz
- NorthwesTel Cable
- Bell Aliant
- Bell TV
- Shaw Direct, etc
If your broadcast distributor is not on the list, contact them directly to enquire if they offer a Citytv package.
If not, you can either enjoy the free live stream or sign up with another provider.
Q. What shows are available on Citytv?
There are several TV shows and programs you can watch on Citytv.
Currently, you can watch The Bachelorette, The Bachelor, Law & Order: SVU, Law & Order: Organized Crime, Chicago Med, Chicago PD, Chicago Fire, Family Feud, Black-ish, Hell’s KitchenCanada’s Got Talent, and more.
Q. How much does City Tv Subscription cost?
Citytv has partnered with Amazon’s Prime Video streaming platform to roll out Citytv Plus which is a digital hub for entertainment and multilingual programs starting only at $4.99 per month.
Q. Why can’t I access some of the marked shows on Citytv?
Note, whether it’s the Citytv app or online portal, you will need to sign in
Q. Can I use VPN to access Citytv?
VPNs can cause problems accessing Citytv if you’re based outside Canada. In case of an invalid IP address, Citytv blocks your access.