BET or Black Entertainment Television offers quality entertainment with shows, music, news, and other lifestyle programming focusing on Black culture. The channel is popular in Canada, the United States, and France. The channel also has an app, BET TV, which is compatible with different platforms. All that is needed is to activate the app through the official link. And, here we have covered the detailed process of activating the BET TV app on Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, and Roku via bet.com/activate.
Steps to Activate the BET App on Roku
Here’s how you can activate the BET TV app on your Roku device:
- Turn on the Roku device and make sure you are connected to a strong internet connection.
- Press the ‘Home’ button on your Roku remote.
- From the home screen, visit the ‘Streaming Channels’ option.
- Now, type ‘BET’ in the search bar and hit enter.
- Select the BET app from the search results and click the ‘Add Channel‘ button.
- Wait for the installation process to complete. Once done, click the ‘Go to Channel’ button.
- Launch the app and you will see an activation code on the screen.
- Now, go to bet.com/activate from a different mobile device or PC. Enter the activation code in the given space and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- On successful activation, you can stream the BET app on your Roku device.
Activate the BET App on Fire TV at bet.com/activate
In order to activate the BET app on your Fire TV, you need to complete the following process. Before beginning, make sure you are connected to a high-speed internet service.
- Turn on your Fire TV and go to the home screen.
- Now, visit the Application store and look for the BET app.
- Select the app and download it on your TV.
- Once the download process is complete, open the app and sign into your account. You will get an activation code.
- Go to the official link – bet.com/activate – and enter the code in the provided space. Click the ‘Continue’ button and wait till you see the success message on the screen.
- Once the activation is complete, you can watch the BET app on your Amazon Fire TV.
How to Activate the BET App on Apple TV
To activate the BET TV application on your Apple TV, follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Visit the App Store on your Apple TV and click the search option.
- Enter ‘BET’ in the search bar and look for the app.
- Select the app and click the ‘Install’ button to download the same.
- Once the installation is complete, click the open button to launch the app.
- Sign into your account and you will see an activation code on the screen.
- Visit the official activation page at bet.com/activate and enter the code in the given box. Click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Complete the activation process and enjoy watching BET TV on your iOS TV.
Guide to Activate the BET App on Android TV
Follow the process mentioned here to activate the BET TV app on Android TV:
- Turn on your Android TV and go to the Google Play Store app.
- Search for the BET app and select it from the search results.
- Click the ‘Install’ button and wait for the download to complete.
- Click the ‘Open’ button to launch the app and you will see an activation code on the screen.
- Now, go to bet.com/activate and enter the activation code correctly. Click the ‘Continue’ button and complete the remaining process.
- The app on your smart TV will refresh in a few minutes. You can now enjoy BET content on your TV.
Note: The activation process will remain similar for all Android TVs.
Steps to Activate the BET App on Smartphones (Android and iOS)
You can get the BET app on your smartphone and enjoy the content anytime, anywhere. Here are the steps to be followed for activation.
- Go to the respective App Store/ Play Store on your Apple/ Android device.
- Search for the BET app and install it on your mobile device.
- Sign in to your account and complete the instructions to activate the app via bet.com/activate.
BET TV App – Troubleshooting
Trouble Playing an Episode
If you are facing any issues in playing an episode (error message, screen hanging, or video stopping), follow the steps:
- Check and restart your internet connection.
- Update your device’s Operating System and make sure a minimum of 2GB of free space.
- Update the BET app.
- Uninstall the app and reinstall.
Unable to Sign In
This issue occurs when,
- You can’t find your TV provider in the list.
- Do not have a subscription to the channel in your package.
The BET app activation code is not working
Here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Use the activation code as soon as it is generated. And, enter the code correctly.
- Use the latest version of the app.
- Make sure both devices are connected over the same Wi-Fi.
- Delete your browser’s cache and cookies.
- Try a different browser or device for accessing the activation link.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app to generate a new activation code.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Who owns BET TV?
BET TV is owned by Viacom CBS Domestic Media Networks
Q. Can I stream the BET app via ChromeCast?
Yes. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Install the Chromecast app on your mobile phone and sonnet each end of the Chromecast gadget to your TV and Mobile. Please make sure that both devices are connected to the same internet connection.
- Now, launch the BET app and sign into your account.
- Play a video you want to watch and look for the Chromecast icon at the right corner. Click it.
- Enter the login details of your Chromecast account.
- Select your TV. The video will now be cast on your television.
Q. Are the BET videos available in HD?
Yes, most of the BET videos are available in HD.
Q. Is it necessary to sign up for a BET account?
No. You can use our existing TV provider’s account to stream the BET content.
Q. What is the cost of streaming BET?
There is no separate cost for streaming BET. However, your TV package must include the BET channel. So, you only need to pay for your TV Provider’s subscription.