Watch Own app is compatible with various streaming devices and we will be discussing the process to activate the OWN TV app on Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and iOS via start.watchown.tv/link or auth.start.watchown.tv/link. The steps to activate the OWN TV on various devices are almost similar, however; we have covered every device separately for ease.
Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) TV, jointly owned by Harpo Studios and Warner Bros. Discovery, is among the most popular TV channels in the United States. The channel’s content mainly focuses on the African-American audience. The network has an app through which viewers can enjoy their favorite shows anytime, anywhere.
Activate Watch OWN TV on Any Device at start.watchown.tv/link
Now let’s start how you can install and activate Watch OWN TV app on your streaming device at start.watchown.tv/activate.
How to Activate Watch OWN TV on Roku Player
Watch all the talk shows and mesmerizing speeches of Oprah Winfrey on your Roku device by activating the OWN TV app. Here is a guide for doing so:
1. Turn on the Roku device and press the Home button on your Roku TV remote.
2. Select Streaming Channels > Search Channels on your left sidebar screen.
3. Search for the OWN TV app and select it from the results.
4. Click the ‘Add Channel’ button to begin the download process.
5. Once the download is complete, open the app.
6. An activation code will appear on the screen. Note it down.
7. Now, go to the start.watchown.tv/link or start.watchown.tv/activate on a web browser.
8. Enter the activation code in the provided space and click the ‘Link TV Provider’ button.
9. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process. A success message will appear on the screen.
You can now stream the OWN TV content on your Roku device.
Activate start.watchown.tv/link Firestick or Fire TV
Here’s how you can activate the OWN TV on your Amazon Fire TV:
- Turn on your Fire TV and navigate to the App Store using the remote.
- Now, type OWN TV in the search bar and select the app.
- Download the app. The installation will begin automatically.
- Launch the app after the installation is complete.
- An activation code will appear on the screen on launching the app.
- Now, on your laptop, PC, or smartphone, open the link – start.watchown.tv/activate.
- Enter the code in the provided space and click the ‘Link TV Provider’ button to continue the process.
- Once the activation is done, enjoy watching the OWN TV content on your Fire TV.
Also Read: syfy.com activate/activatenbcu Firestick
Activate OWN TV on Apple TV
You can stream the Oprah Network content on your Apple TV by following the below-mentioned activation steps:
- Turn on the TV and go to the App Store.
- Search for the OWN TV app and download it.
- The installation will take a few minutes.
- Once the installation is done, open the app. An activation code will appear on the screen. Copy it.
- Go to the activation link at start.watchown.tv/link and paste the code you have copied.
- Click the ‘Link TV Provider’ button and complete the process to watch the OWN TV content on your Apple TV.
Activate Watch OWN TV on Android TV
In order to activate OWN TV on your Android TV, follow these steps:
- Turn on the Android TV and go to the Google Play Store.
- Search for the OWN TV app and install it.
- After the installation is done, open the app and you will see an activation code on the screen.
- On a different device, access start.watchown.tv/activate and you will see a box for entering the activation code. Type it in the provided space.
- Click the ‘Link TV Provider’ button and follow the instructions for completing the activation process.
You can access the OWN TV app on different iOS devices through the following process:
- Download the OWN TV app on your device from the App Store.
- Open the app and log in with your TV Provider’s credentials. An activation code will appear. Note it down.
- Go to start.watchown.tv/link and enter the code.
- Complete the process to access OWN TV on your iPhone or iPad.
Follow the steps mentioned here to activate the OWN TV app on your Android tablet or smartphone:
- Download the OWN TV app from the Google Play Store and open it.
- Login using your TV Provider’s details and an activation code will appear on the screen. Copy it.
- Now, go to start.watchown.tv/activate link on a web browser and enter/ paste the code.
- Complete the process and enjoy OWN TV content on your Android device.
OWN TV Activation Code Not Working?
In case the OWN TV activation code is not working, try the following fixes:
- Check your internet connectivity and make sure that both devices are connected to the internet.
- Make sure you are entering the correct code.
- Activate the app using the code as soon as it is generated. The code will expire (in two minutes) if you wait for a long time.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app, and generate a new activation code.
- Also, the code will only work in the United States.
Once you have the OWN TV activated on your device, you can enjoy the popular shows viz. Oprah Prime, Black Love, Greenleaf, For Peete’s Sake, Oprah’s Master Class, Queen Sugar, Party at Tiffany’s, Life with La Toya, Finding Sarah, Married to the Army: Alaska, Police Women of Dallas, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How much will the OWN TV app cost?
The OWN TV app is free to download. However, a TV provider’s subscription is required.
Q. Does the OWN TV app offer closed-captioning?
Q. How can I access the OWN TV content without a TV Provider?
If you don’t want to get a pay-TV provider or cable connection, you can stream the OWN TV content via live TV streaming such as:
- YouTube TV
Q. Can I access OWN TV on Netflix?
No. OWN TV is not available on Netflix as it is a standalone streaming platform with its own library of shows, movies, and more. However, OWN TV shows such as Greenleaf are available on Netflix.
Q. How can I find the OWN TV schedule?
The OWN TV schedule is available here.